Licensed Professional Counselor
I am a nationally certified, Licensed Professional Counselor and Certified Supervisor, with advanced credentials in personality theory. While working on my Master’s degree, I interned at the UAB Counseling & Wellness Center. Soon after graduating I was hired as the staff counselor. Then, two years later, I was promoted to the position of Director. In 1999 I added after-hours private practice counseling to my career offerings. Although I would not suggest that others attempt this workload, I have been quite fulfilled with this abundantly full life for many years.
Along with managing the office, at UAB I was responsible for supervising the professional staff and also counseling students. Over the course of 15 years I supervised more than 30 Masters-level interns in their clinical training. My administrative responsibilities were very diverse including program development, training, advertising, outreach, crisis intervention, committee work; data collection, evaluation and report writing, and consultation with students, staff, faculty and community. In addition to designing and presenting a variety of health-related programs and workshops for students and staff, I taught a fall freshman success course, was advisor of the UAB chapter of an international honor society and was the UAB liaison to the Campus Ministry Association.
What I've Achieved
- Spent two years working outside the U.S. with an international training and relief organization.
- Lived in Cyprus, Israel, Switzerland and Canada, and traveled extensively in more than ten other countries.
- Attended seven universities.
- Studied five languages.
- Earned three degrees.
- Climbed eight 14,000 foot peaks.
- Captured a live alligator in the Louisiana bayou.
- Walked over 150 miles on the Camino de Santiago in Spain.
- Mother of two amazing children (now adults) who I sincerely love and genuinely like, too.